Established commercial and industrial centers
Over 200 commercial and industrial sites with a total area of over 4,600 ha in inventory
Excellent transport links
Motorways, federal highways and railways connect all major and medium-sized centers and the metropolis of Berlin with each other
Economically strong region
with 2 Regional Growth Cores in Fürstenwalde/Spree and Frankfurt (Oder)/Eisenhüttenstadt as well as the Metropolitan Region East
The Oderland-Spree region impresses with established commercial and industrial centers, a diversified economic structure consisting of highly innovative companies and medium-sized businesses, and excellent transport infrastructure links. The districts of Märkisch-Oderland and Oder-Spree as well as the city of Frankfurt (Oder) work closely together within the framework of the economic region ODERLAND-SPREE. Benefit from support that does not stop at borders and offers a suitable environment for every investor!
The overall package was decisive for our choice of location. In addition to the cost structure, the key factors were the skilled workforce, the well-developed infrastructure and the professional relocation support.
HELGE PUHLMANN | Managing Director Yamaichi Electronics
Germany Manufacturing GmbH, Frankfurt (Oder)
Economically strong region
Our business location is characterized by the strength and appeal of the two Regional Growth Cores (RWK) Fürstenwalde/Spree and Frankfurt (Oder)/Eisenhüttenstadt as well as the locations in the Metropolregion Ost close to Berlin and the rail-bound development axes. This locational advantage has a positive effect on the surrounding area and is continuously being expanded through attractive subsidies for companies and infrastructure.
The RWK and the Metropolitan Region East offer
- Strategic development of selected industries
- Jointly securing and attracting skilled workers
- Benefits for international economic relations through
- close partnership cooperation and joint economic policy with neighboring Poland
- Automotive, food industry, logistics, metal production, metal processing, mechatronics, media/information and communication technology, microelectronics, energy and environmental technology, health care industry, paper processing and tourism industry
- Transport and logistics, energy technology, plastics/chemicals and metal
- Construction materials industry, aviation technology, logistics and health care
Learn more about Brandenburg as a business location and the assessment of Economics Minister Prof. Dr. Jörg Steinbach, why Tesla has chosen Brandenburg as the location for the Gigafactory, how Brandenburg is positioned in terms of industrial sites and what locational advantage the state has over other economic regions.
Oderland-Spree - economic region between Berlin and Poland
Economic facts, location conditions, overview of industrial and commercial areas as well as information on cultural and tourist offerings, housing and quality of life